Friday, September 7, 2007

Our First Meeting in a While

We met last night to move the copier and the big stapler over to Clay's apartment but first we stopped at a shitty unnameable fast fuck place and had dinner. There was some discussion of cheese eating and dicks. Usual fare. I think Rob's acting out the man in a toilet stall grunting for and then dropping his own cheese log. See red faced white knuckling effort, the commercial ending with the message. The Wonders of Cheese.

We headed over to Clay's and lo and behold I left the paper carry at my office. Another trip. Another delay. And finally, everything is set up and the toner cartridge is bad. Fuck me stupid. Wait, too late. Now I'm really proud of the stapler which last night seemed to be the only thing working. It is, in fact, the big stapler that separates a press from an infoshop, that and bathing. Just kidding.

We did manage to discuss the copy issue for Fake Life. We have fifty copies to hand out tonight and we need 68 more to get to distros, reviewers and for comps to people issues have been promised to. This does not include sales of any kind. We agreed to sell these issues. Good fucking luck.

We discussed issue five. Not saying too much about it but its pro-gun. And there will be Jesus jokes. I think between that and my "anti" GI rantings and this next issue we'll manage to alienate everyone but the illiterate. We went from friendly neighborhood fanzine to holy shit run for your lives. RJ from Call for Fire won't even talk to me anymore. Walked past me without talking and won't return my email. I understand. He believes what he believes. I just expected that unity was more than just arm and arm drunk party bullshit. Real unity is disagreeing and still staying tight. CJ and I have unity. She thinks I'm totally fucked about the war and I disagree with her pretty much about the GI Opt Out issue. We got heated today, shaky voice heated but we're still tight. That's unity.

CJ, by the way, has a one shot coming out, an extension of a column she wrote for issue number two about being car-less, "One Less Car". Its about jerk drivers. It'll have some comix from Rob and Clay plus CJ always grammatically correct writing. I also have a few new projects coming up in the coming months. More on that as it develops.

Also we're picking up four or five new zines from outside writers for distro. I won't name them because I don't have copies in hand yet. I will soon though.

Finally, tonight is first Friday, a local Tallahassee tradition. Railroad Square opens up all its art galleries and its like a big party with art. We usually hand out the new issues on FF. If you see us there buy one. Argue with me about the war. Be civil. Stay safe.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

CJ said...

We have unity? Well if that means I've decided not to kick your ass for having a stupid opinion about the war then yea I guess so. Trust me there are people who are way bigger goobers than you are that I still talk to. I'm more concerned about your inability to spell and use verbs correctly. Oh by the way, my one shot is called One Less Car. What you wrote makes no sense whatsoever. For anyone who’s interested it’s about jerk drivers and the problems they cause. It’ll be out next First Friday.

Well I’m out. Watch out for loose women and pickpockets. And don’t do drugs.

--CJ

hardtopickname said...

Ah man, you got it all wrong!

The whole idea for the cheese commercial, where the camera focuses on a closed bathroom stall with just a pair of shoes and dropped pants at the open base of the stall ends with a constipated and strained, "Behold.. The power of cheese"!

hardtopickname said...

Hey, you got to put in your bit about the end of the evening too..

Something else about being tight, it matters what you say and that you say it. It doesn't matter what people think, fuck'em. No matter what you say, your real friends will take it either way and still be your friends afterward, no matter what.