Thursday, February 7, 2008

Whew, connected again!

Ahhhh, it's like a breath of fresh air to be connected after so long. How little I realized just how much I depended on connectability and that gihugic research and information retrieval tool we call the internet. Doesn't everyone use it for that?

Simple things like recipies. Even if I had made a dish a dozen times or so I would still run to google "jambalaya", peruse a dozen recipies and instantly my memory was recharged over that certain special ingredient that I kept forgetting each time I'd make it. Even if the ingredient was something different each time. Go figure.

Or the long lonely nights spent over black coffee and a pack and a half of cigarrettes, reading Kerouac while listening to some beat thing in the background. My own personal cafe. Of course I never thought to actually pick up a book while I was disconnected! Just drank a butt-load of coffee. Hard to sip it without making a mess that way.

But now, I'm connected! Hey, Bonnie, I wasn't mad at you! The reason I wasn't talking to you is that I was disconnected! Hey, Capital One, it's not that I was purposely not paying you on time, it's that I was disconnected! Hey, you there you beautiful National Geographic, Human Migration Project Website, it's not that your endless tales of genetic tailspins and flights across the globe got boring, hell no. I couldn't visit you because, well you know!

Now of course I have no excuse for continuing my random education or contributing to this blog. Thank you internet. Thank you.

No comments: