Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Zine Review: Below Noon #2

Below Noon #2 is fine stuff. I'm biased for sure because people writing about sexuality is my favorite stuff. Not the "then I touched his turgid member" variety but the kind that shows us how the most personal tends to be the most universal. Humans are great secret keepers but Angie, the author, ain't buyin'.

The first part of the zine is her description of a) discovering masturbation and how it evolved in her life and b) discovering that she was a lesbian. The writing is clear and descriptive. There's no false modesty or purple prose just facts laid out and story told.

The second part is a smattering of journal entries, quotes and quoted letters. I was dreading it until I read it. She chose well. They give a feel for who she away from her crotch.

This zine is text heavy but worth the time.

Angie is reachable at PO Box 42123, Portland, Oregon 97242. I hit her up for a trade but if you sent her a couple of bucks for her effort, I'm pretty sure, that would be fine.

Yaaaa, Self Love!

No comments: